Yeah, this takes the cake for the freshest piece of hip-hop memorabilia we’ve ever seen. We’re not sure if we are supposed to believe that RZA painted this himself, but each print carries his handprints and signature. There are two versions of the print – the Legacy Series (30 x 40, limited to 300 pieces) and the Monument Series (80 x 60, limited to 60 pieces). As an added bonus, both versions have “hidden elements” in the image, the Legacy with 36 (how appropo), the Monument with 50, which apparently got the internet goin’ nuts.
If you haven’t figured it out yet, the painting is a reimagining of Emanuel Leutze’s painting of Washington crossing the Delaware, but with RZA as Washington, with GZA and O.D.B. at his side. The project is a collaboration between RZA, Sway (of The World Famous Wake Up Show), and L.A. studio Scene Four.
How can you get one? Just “reserve” one for yourself at http://www.whenartimitateslife.com/ . No prices have been listed, expect to pay through the nose.
Future paintings in the series will feature Hieroglyphics, DJ Q-Bert, and Shavo of System of A Down.
Leave a Reply
- Joey Bada$$ – “B4.DA.$$” Trailer & Release Date
- E-40 – “Sharp On All 4 Corners” Parts 1 & 2 (Album Cover Art + Tracklist)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9 + DJ Premier) – “Raiders of the Lost Art (Documentary)” (Part One)
- J. Cole – “2014 Forest Hills Drive” Album Cover Revealed
- Maino – “KOB2″ Deluxe Cover Artwork & Tracklisting
- Juvenile Signs With Cash Money Records
- Odd Couple – “Everything” (feat. Lil Durk & Alex Wiley)
- GrandeMarshall – “The Formula”
- Ghostface Killah – “Double Cross” (feat. AZ)
- KXNG CROOKED (aka Crooked I) – “Freestylin Under Oath”
- Boldy James – “50 Foot Razor Blade” (feat. Peechie Green; Prod. Harry Fraud)
- The Neighbourhood – “#icanteven” (feat. French Montana)