21 April, 2010@3:40 am
This is quite possibly the greatest promotional piece from a record label of all time. These were produced in 1999 by CoolTempo, who handled Gang Starr’s distribution overseas. Alone like this, these autographed versions were given out in the U.S. to key deejays and industry folk, signed by Guru and DJ Premier. Some of you might remember a contest some years back here on HipHopSite where eight lucky winners received the above item. Of course, we kept two copies in house. This was not the whole “Full Clip” album, but an 8 song sampler including 1.) “Full Clip” 2.) DWYCK 3.) Who’s Gonna Take The Weight 4.) Mass Appeal 5.) Work 6.) Step Into The Arena 7.) Jazz Thing 8.) Royalty.
What you are seeing above is only half of the equation. An even more “deluxe” version of this promo piece exists, which came shipped in a larger 10″ circular tin, and also came packaged with a Gang Starr jersey, and postcard. View additional drool-worth photos below. Rest in power, Guru.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)