23 April, 2010@4:11 pm
Big shock here. The legitimacy of the cancer foundation referenced in Solar’s…I mean Guru’s farewell letter has been called into question. An article on BirthplaceMag.com is warning those looking to donate to the foundation. The article states:
In the letter, the writer specifically mentions the “Each One Counts Foundation”. According to national public records, there are two listings for non-profit organizations named “Each One Counts”.
Each One Counts Foundation LogoThe Each One Counts Foundation, Inc., founded in 2006, is listed as being headquartered in Pound Ridge, NY. The website, www.eachonecounts.org states “The sole purpose of the Each One Counts Foundation is to raise funds to ease the physical pain and suffering of terminally ill children who are receiving pediatric hospice or palliative care.”
This is not too far off from the “farewell letter”, which states, “I have a non-profit organization called Each One Counts dedicated to carrying on my charitable work on behalf of abused and disadvantaged children from around the world and also to educate and research a cure for this terrible disease that took my life,” although “abused and disadvantaged children” don’t seem to necessarily be much of Each One Counts’ equation.
What is also not clear is what the writer of the farewell letter meant by “I have”. Each One Counts Foundation, Inc. lists Brian F. Harrington as its president, and other officers of the organization do not, on the surface, appear to have any connection to GURU or Solar. We attempted to contact the foundation to ascertain whether or not they were indeed the one that GURU was recommending, but as of the time of this posting, Birthplace Magazine’s calls to Harrington have not been returned. The organization is active however, receiving hundreds of thousands of dollars over the last few years, largely through grants. However, the foundation lists a golf outing in 2009 as it’s only visible “event”, and while tax documents do show payments made to hospitals, it is not entirely clear how Each One Counts Foundation, Inc raises the funds, or how their foundation operates.
Even though the “Each One Counts Foundation” exists, Guru’s actual involvement is unclear, especially with his family denying knowledge of any foundation in his name. There’s no way that Solar would attempt to profit from Guru’s death, right?
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)