24 August, 2010@4:47 pm
For those of us not keeping up with the actual news lately, there’s a big debate about the construction of a mosque (which is essentially a religious center for Muslims) near Ground Zero, where the World Trade Center fell on 9-11. The Tea Party and other protesters believe it should not go there because it’s insulting to the victims of 9-11, while Fox News is helping perpetuate the myth that we are going to have a scary terrorist breeding ground in the heart of New York City (which if that were the case, we’d know right where to find them. AND KILL THEM.) The problem with all of this is that the protesters are forgetting that this country has a thing called “freedom of religion”, which they seem to only respect when it’s in favor of their own faith. Like “In God We Trust” printed on U.S. currency, for example.
Russell Simmons took note of this and placed a series of religious symbols in his office windows, which overlook Ground Zero, suggesting that we should be respectful of one another, despite our differing theologies. Can’t we all just get along?
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)