26 October, 2010@6:11 am
UGHH got the drop on the first look at photographer Dan Monick’s Seven Years With Atmosphere & Rhymesayers photo book, which ships November 16th. There will be two editions – regular and a signed and numbered limited to 1500 copies package including an RSE compilation CD and Atmosphere 10″ vinyl which is set to include “never heard before tracks”. The description for the item is as follows:
The Minneapolis-based record label Rhymesayers and its groundbreaking group Atmosphere have become one of the most powerful forces in independent hip hop today.
Photographer Dan Monick has traveled with the musicians and rappers from Rhymesayers and Atmosphere on and off for the better part of a decade. He’s documented a wide swath of territory from the fans to the shows and illuminated behind-the-scenes photos of the artists being themselves. Monick likens the Rhymesayers work ethic to the DIY punk rock approach that he experienced playing in bands.
Atmosphere leader, Sean (Slug) is a charismatic driving force behind the Rhymesayers and features prominently in the story of the label and within the pages of the book.
Rhymesayer fans from Japan to Australia, Europe and all of North America who have witnessed the energy in concert will enjoy feasting on the pages, and those who have never been will be brought up to speed.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)