During the Christmas of 1982 my parents put a tape recorder on the floor, pressed the record button and let it run as I opened gifts. The gifts ranged from an electronic noise machine to an E.T. card game (hey, it’s better than the E.T. Atari game.) Recently, as I was going through my tape collection, I found this recording and discovered that it provided me a zip-line to a time when my parents were still together, my dad was still alive, Christmas was magical and batteries were in high demand. I edited the audio and placed it over some ambient music that a guy named Ben Kordus sent me a few years ago. I feel it accentuates the melancholy of the moment so a big “thank you” definitely goes out to him.
2010 was brutal for almost everyone I know. There’s been a lot of loss, struggle and change. That’s not to say that 2010 didn’t have its beautiful moments as well. It certain did, and I’m glad to have shared those moments with people I care about. Let’s all plan on having a happy and successful 2011 by taking better care of ourselves while looking out for each other.
All the best,
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)