Eminem accepts the award for Best Rap Album for Recovery, competing against The Roots How I Got Over, B.o.B. The Adventures Of Bobby Ray, Jay-Z The Blueprint 3, and Drake Thank Me Later.
Eminem celebrates Recovery, while Dr. Dre prepares for Detox with this medley performance featuring Rihanna and Skylar Grey of both “Love The Way You Lie” and “I Need A Doctor”. After seeing this, we’re expecting “I Need A Doctor” to be a crossover smash on the level of “Airplanes” or “Love The Way You Lie”.
Eminem also took awards for Best Rap Solo Performance for “Not Afraid”
B.o.B. performs “Nuthin’ On You” (nominated for each “Record Of The Year”, “Best Rap / Sung Collaboration”, and “Best Rap Song”) with Bruno Mars (winner of Best Male Pop Vocal Performance for “Just The Way You Are”) and Janelle Monae (nominated for Best Urban/Alternative Performance for “Tightrope” and snubbed for Best Contemporary R&B Album for The Arch-Android). This led into a doo-wop rendition of Bruno’s “Grenade”, and closed out with Monae’s “Cold War”.
B.o.B. speaks on the red carpet to the Grammy’s interviewers and makes plans for Valentine’s Day. Drake and Rihanna peform “What’s My Name”, breaking down into a dancehall rhythm remix. Heh, Drizzy said “good weed” on CBS. Rihanna took the award for Best Dance Recording for “Only Girl In The World” and was nominated several times for “Love The Way You Lie” in each Song Of The Year, Best Rap/Sung Collaboration, Best Rap Song, and Best Short Form Video categories. Cee-Lo performs his ridiculous smash hit “
Fuck Forget You”, which took the award for Best Urban/Alternative Performance, dressed in an Elton-esque getup, with help from The Muppets and a surprise performance from Gweneth Paltrow, who sung the tune on Glee a few weeks back. John Legend speaks with MTV legend, John Norris, about his multiple wins this year with The Roots for Wake Up! LP. Wins include Best Traditional R&B Vocal Performance for “Hang On In There”, Best R&B Song for “Shine”, and Best R&B Album for Wake Up!. Nominations also for Best Rap Sung Collaboration for “Wake Up Everybody” and Best R&B Performance By A Duo Or Group With Vocals for “Shine”. He also speaks on working with Kanye and Sade (!) on his next solo album.
Swizz Beatz on the red carpet about his recent endorsement deals, along with new albums in the works from himself and Alicia Keys.
Swizz and Jay won the award for Best Rap Performance By A Duo Or Group for “On To The Next One”.
Chamillionaire (“who’s awesome!”) speaks on the red carpet about Twitter and the status of his next LP, which will not be called Venom.
For a complete list of winners, check out Grammys.Com.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)