24 May, 2011@5:10 pm
While in London, Sumit caught up with Elzhi. Outside the Bape store in London, the rapper speaks on how the concept for Elmatic was born. The rapper also talks about Detroit Hip Hop. Sumit and Elzhi also speak on why Royce Da 5’9″ was chosen to be AZ in “Life’s A Bitch”. Elzhi reveals he has some unreleased tracks with Pete Rock.
Towards the end of the interview, Sumit asks the rapper to take him down Memory Lane and he recounts a memorable time from The Hip Hop Shop. He tells Sumit a time he saw Proof battling and clowing one rapper. Rare footage from The Hip Hop Shop days will be used for the upcoming “Memory Lane” video.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)