14 June, 2011@4:49 pm
Talkin’ to you! In a recent piece with Complex, the Bad Meets Evil team spoke on unfinished music leaks.
Eminem: “They’re going to download music from here, from there, and with me, my music—it’s never has been and never will be, a money issue. I don’t give a fuck about the money. But when you take shit that is not finished—and not only am I not done with it, but I’m not sure I’m ever going to release it—and put it out there, that shit hurts.
“I’m in the studio all the time experimenting and trying different shit. If I don’t have the freedom to do that—that’s how I make my music, by experimenting. Not every idea that I try and lay on tape works, believe it or not. And then it’s like to be criticized like, ‘This shit is garbage!’ Well it wasn’t even fucking finished! It was late that night, I wasn’t in my…A lot of that material that leaked, by the way, I wasn’t in my right state of mind for. I didn’t put it out there for a reason.”
Royce da 5’9”: “Yeah. We’d like to put the music out on our terms. I mean it’s just that when you put all that into it, you feel a certain way when someone just takes it. And they do it for shits and giggles, but they don’t realize how much time and effort gets put into it.”
Eminem: “If it’s your music you should have the right to present it to the public, if you want to present it to the public at all, how you want to present it to the public. Whatever happens after it’s out, that is what it is.”
Royce da 5’9”: “We don’t want people to think that we don’t appreciate them being that much of a fan of our music to want to take it, want to have it, or to want to get Internet props by saying, ‘I’m the one who spread it.’ We appreciate that. I just don’t think people take into consideration the cons of doing that, or take into consideration our feelings.
“It’s hard to express it without seeming ungrateful for people even being interested in it at the same time. It’s kind of like a double-edged sword. I think the way Em brought it across in his verse was beautiful. Everybody can get another perspective of how to look at it.”
Eminem: “As much as we fuck around, and we joke around, we take our art and our music very seriously. It’s our craft.”
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)