29 June, 2011@3:51 am
25-year-old Rapper Donnis may hail from the Hip-Hop hotbed of Atlanta, Georgia, but his musical journey began in Tokyo, Japan. While stationed in Japan with the US Air Force, Donnis’ eyes were opened to Tokyo’s vibrant music scene. Inspired to begin recording his music at the base, Donnis soon received the attention of influential DJ Masterkey, who helped the young MC land high-profile opening gigs for visiting hip-hop acts from the US.
As part of the Made of Japan initiative, Onitsuka Tiger curated a cross-cultural musical collaboration between Donnis and three of Japan’s most exciting producers and DJ’s: De De Mouse, Joe Iron and Taku Takahashi. Dubbed Nippon Sounds, the free collaborative EP features original music and remixes from Donnis that bring Atlanta and Japan together in way that has never been heard before.
LISTEN: Donnis – “All I Need Freestyle (Baby’s Star Jam Remix)”
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)