Jose’s rendition of “Tupac Back” gets a video. In other news, Joe put his former Terror Squad teammates on blast for dissing Joell Ortiz on his cover of the track, “Big Pun Back”. In a recent XXL interview, Joe had this to say:
“I thought it was incredible. I thought it was great. I never seen a guy in my fuckin’ life get backlash for fuckin’ biggin’ up somebody,” Joe said in response to Ortiz’s track.
“See, what happened is Big Pun was surrounded by an enormous amounts of idiots. And, sad to say, as big of a genius he was, and beautiful as he was, and I’m not just sayin’ that ’cause he dead, ’cause he was the most loyal, beautiful person… He’s my brother. I worship him to death… But, it’s unfortunate he was surrounded by a bunch of fuckin’ idiots. Nincompoops. You got a younger Spanish dude who’s hot in the streets and he wants to honor Big Pun and you throw slander at him and you disrespect him for fuckin’ only honoring Pun? How do expect anybody else to honor Big Pun?! Or talk about him in a good way?!”
“This is the shit, I hope people can open their eyes and see the shit that Fat Joe has been dealing with for the last 12 years,” he continued. “It’s fuckin’ idiotic. It’s fuckin’ lunacy at its finest. ‘I don’t think you should’ve bigged up Pun.’ Like, what the fuck are you talkin’ about? He’s honoring Big Pun, showing respect to Big Pun. What’s the problem? We can’t do that? We’re honoring the one fuckin’ Spanish nigga that wants to step up and say, ‘Guess what? Man, I love Big Pun. Big Pun’s back.’ Where’s the disrespect? I never seen shit like this in my life. Amazing, man. I think I got more upset than Joell Ortiz did, but I know the type of people he’s dealing with.”
When asked about Tony Sunshine and Cuban Link’s blasting of the track, Joe responded… “I really don’t tune in to these niggas. Like, who are these niggas? To be honest with you, they aren’t even relevant. I just hear the gossip niggas tell me, ‘like this nigga said’… I was like, ‘what?’ There you go. That’s why niggas can’t do the tribute to Pun, all proceeds to his kids. Niggas can’t do the VH1 Honors, ’cause these niggas are straight scums of the Earth. Straight scumbags. Like I said, Big Pun, as beautiful as he was, as an angel of a guy, ’cause he’s an angel.. Big Pun would take a crackhead off the streets and give him chicken at his house and rice and beans in one second. He was a great dude and a great father. But, it’s sad that he was surrounded by so many fuckin’ bad people. For real, it’s crazy.”
Leave a Reply
- Here Is Your First Look At The “NehruvianDOOM” Album Art
- Public Enemy Releases BitTorrent Sourced Remix EP
- Here Is Your First Taste Of Killer Mike & El-P’s “Run The Jewels 2″.
- Wu-Tang Fans Have Gone To Kickstarter In Order To Crowdfund “Once Upon A Time In Shaolin”
- Raekwon “On Strike” From Wu-Tang Clan, Tells All In Rolling Stone Interview
- Q-Tip Instagrams A Pic Of Him & Dr. Dre With #Detox Hashtag
- The Onion: There Are People In World Who Are Concerned About Current State Of Hip-Hop
Commented on by Dayz
- Swollen Members - "Brand New Day"
Commented on by Swollen Members Brand New Day Features Battleaxe Warriors
- Here Is Your First Taste Of Killer Mike & El-P's "Run The Jewels 2".
Commented on by khordkutta
- Watch Juicy J's Colt 45 Ad
Commented on by khordkutta
- Read Our Original 1999 Review Of MF Doom's "Operation: Doomsday"
Commented on by da commanda
- MC Ren - "Rebel Music" (Prod. E-A-Ski)
Commented on by yungplex