3 September, 2011@10:15 am
Full press release reads as follows:
Legendary multi-platinum rap duo Mobb Deep inked a label deal today with national distribution company RED Distribution (a division of Sony Music Entertainment) for their imprint Infamous Records. The New York based label will be run and managed by Mobb Deep, which has appeared on records totaling more than 40 million in sales, with the assistance of executives and industry veterans with more than two decades of experience working the major label system.
Under the new deal, Mobb Deep’s Prodigy and Havoc will release their self-titled ninth album along with upcoming solo projects and music from a new class of emerging artists and established acts. Future signing announcements are coming soon – expect the unexpected as the Infamous Records movement expands.
As they push forward, Mobb Deep’s opportunity with RED bolsters the duo’s classic catalog since much of Mobb’s early music was released and is still distributed by RED. The deal brings them closer to their celebrated music legacy and also positions the group to acquire and distribute film content. “After almost twenty years in this industry, it was inevitable for us to take matters into our own hands. We feel that RED is the perfect home for our brand,” says Prodigy, who’s been enjoying outstanding reviews and critical acclaim for his candid, controversial autobiography My Infamous Life. “We’re ready to work and build our own structure.”
“We know who our fans are and what they want from Mobb Deep,” says Havoc, whose recent production work can be heard on Eminem’s multi-platinum Grammy-winning album Recovery. “We’re excited to take a new step in our career.”
Bob Morelli, President of RED adds, “Mobb Deep is an iconic act, having been on the cutting edge of music and social commentary for years. We are happy and excited to distribute the next chapter in their musical career.”
As they gear up to release their highly anticipated album later this year, Mobb Deep has been on the road with the successful Rock The Bells tour alongside Lauryn Hill, Nas, Common, Erykah Badu and others, as well as a Live Nation tourwith Raekwon and Ghostface.
Mobb Deep recently signed with one of the world’s largest talent agencies, International Creative Management (ICM) where they’re represented by Mitch Blackman; Prodigy’s solo career and business ventures are managed by Marvis Johnson for Micro Management Group, Jeremiah “Ice” Yanoussi runs the global touring arm for Micro Management Group,; Havoc’s solo, production and business deals are managed by Chris Patilis for Active Management Group. The two entities co-manage all of Mobb Deep’s music and business ventures.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)