8 September, 2011@4:48 pm
A quick glance at MED’s discography shows many classic releases from years past: Madvillain’s Madvillainy, Madlib’s Shades of Blue, J Dilla’s The Shining, Lootpack’s Soundpieces, Quasimoto’s Unseen. Each appearance showcases his well-rounded knack for lyricism, ranging from vivid street imagery to nostalgia to everything. On November 1st we have MED adding a new title to that list.
The new album, Classic, drops November 1st. With the sophomore album, we’re treated to collabs with label mate Aloe Blacc, Talib Kweli, Hodgy Beats (OFWGKTA), Oh No, Kurupt and Pok. Madlib produced the bulk of this album – 10 tracks – along with beats by Karriem Riggins, Oh No, Georgia Anne Muldrow and The Alchemist.
MED speaks on the meaning of the new album’s title, “I called the LP Classic because that’s the approach I took: create music that has the potential to be played by every generation. This album deals with current issues, personal and within the community. Good-feeling music will always last and allow hip-hop to grow. Even though I recorded well LP was to do the music that I love to do but at the same time show growth.”
A limited edition 3/LP version of the vinyl containing the album+instrumentals is available for pre-order. Cover by Eric Coleman/Jeff Jank.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)