21 October, 2011@3:54 pm
Earlier this year Dru Ha (co-owner of Duck Down Music) lost his Father to a 10 year battle with Alzheimer’s. In his Father’s honor, Dru Ha announced that he will be running the ING New York City Marathon on November 6th in an effort to raise donations & awareness about the horrific disease that affects over 5 million people in the United States alone. To date, Dru Ha has raised over $10,000 in donations.
Duck Down artists, Buckshot, Smif N Wessun, Promise & Double-O, of Kidz In The Hall, dedicated their time to creating an original song, “Run To Remember,” in recognition of Dru Ha running the NYC Marathon. Double-O produced the track. The song was recorded at Rubber Tracks in Brooklyn, NY.
Today, the song is available exclusively at iTunes for only 99 cents. Proceeds from the sales will be donated to the Alzheimer’s Research foundation.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)