So, The Roots got the unlucky gig of playing the song for Republican presidential hopeful / crazy-eyed killer, Michelle Bachmann’s, entrance on Late Night w/ Jimmy Fallon the other night. They spoke through their music, playing a cover of Fishbone’s “Lyin’ Ass Bitch”. Touche’.
“The performance was a tongue-in-cheek and spur of the moment decision. The show was not aware of it and I feel bad if her feelings were hurt. That was not my intention,” said Ahmir “Questlove” Thompson in a statement.
He tweeted earlier, “late night walkon song devotees: you love it when we snark: this next one takes the cake. ask around cause i aint tweeting title.”
Jimmy Fallon has since made a public apology to Bachmann, stating “?uestlove is grounded,” and later following with “I’m honored that @michelebachmann was on our show yesterday and I’m so sorry about the intro mess. I really hope she comes back.”
Hmm, perhaps they should have gone with something more subtle, like Eminem’s “(Bitch Gets) No Love”?
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)