us on Twitter for updates as they happen and sarcastic commentary.
us on Facebook for updates in your feed, special offers, and more.
RSS
if you're one of "those" people.
Join
our mailing list. It's so wizard.
by
24 March, 2012@3:48 am
6 comments

Odd Future writes:

At A Photoshoot, We Said Our Verses Into A Camera While This Song Was Playing In The Background. Why Not Release it. OFTAPE Vol 2 Out Now!!!

Related Articles
6 Responses to "Odd Future – “Oldie” (Video)"
  • Southwest says:

I know most older heads don’t care for Odd Future. I’m not one of them (remember I’m 30 and developed my taste for the art form around 6 with the Juice Crew and BDP) You can clearly see these kids are Hip-Hop through and through. Tyler is a wonderful producer and well above-average rapper, Left Brain a very good producer, Hodgy is an ever-improving rapper, Domo has style, and I don’t know what to say if you aren’t at least impressed by Earl’s wealth of knowledge and linguisitics at such a young age. Not a Frank Ocean fan, but I respect him. Just here to dispel the myth that most older heads, especially the ones here, hate them: I love these little fuckers. Maybe Tyler’s upcoming instrumental album will key non-believers in to the fact that he really is all about the music and not the silly novel shock value shit that people think of when his name is mentioned. If you really delved into his production catalog, you’d hear tracks that would make Premo or Pete blush. I’m a beat junkie, so I know. Young Brothers, keep doing your thing, full fucking speed ahead. GolfWang.

• Tom says:

Anybody who appreciates making hip hop for fun with their friends can appreciate Odd Future. In many ways they are more hip hop than most modern rappers. They are doing it for the love. They don’t seem to be mixing up their sound to try to become mainstream. Respect.

• Dayz says:

@Southwest can you give me some youtube examples of songs that really show Tyler’s production prowess? And songs that show their lyrical ability? These dudes are the hottest thing out and I still can’t find one reason why… I’m still willing to give them a chance but after every song and video I see my detest for them grows.

• khordkutta says:

30 is an older head in hiphop, not imo, but anyways, the only dude i really feel in of is frank ocean. again compare these dudes to a teenage, de la, special ed, rakim, i could go on buy why, there is NO comparison

• zzubtone says:

i actually liked this shyt,,,it reminded me of my younger years, and i’m above thirty. but i wouldnt say they got a lot of talent, but they are doing better than most older artists, imo. i guess for me they’re borrowing this gangsta vibe to mock it, since they’re not that, so if they do it as well as the guys who they mock its in a way the ultimate insult to hardcore rap. Its just next level humour its been done before though. I also like their i dont give a f attitude and the crew energy they have.