Thirteen albums deep in the game, Kool Keith’s elder statesman status has long been cemented. Commercial success has always eluded him, but critical acclaim has always been there. Chances are he birthed at least one element of everybody’s favorite rapper through his style on the mic or off it with his idiosyncrasies. Knowing he’s left his mark, the king of aliases is saying “Goodbye Rap” with the closing track from his most recent release, Love & Danger.
We’ll have to let Keith answer whether the title is typical tongue-in-cheek Keith or the product of years served and ready to receive his gold watch. Maybe he’ll clear it all up next album.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)