14 July, 2012@9:48 am
Mac Miller’s indie imprint, Rostrum Records, released a statement about Lord Finesse recent $10 Million lawsuit against the young emcee’s use of “Hip 2 Da Game” instrumental for his “Kool Aid & Frozen Pizza” mixtape track.
There have been a lot of misstatements online and in the press, so we thought it’d be best to make some brief comments. First and foremost, we stand by Mac Miller in this situation and we will fight the case together with him.
Mac never pretended that the “Hip 2 Da Game” beat was his, despite what’s being said in the suit. Lord Finesse was given credit on both the video and the mixtape from the very beginning. We’ve never distributed “Kool Aid & Frozen Pizza” for sale on iTunes and have consistently policed digital retailers and other sites to make sure that no pirates were ever illegally selling the song.
Lord Finesse has known about “Kool Aid & Frozen Pizza” for a long time and never objected to the use. For some reason, he has very recently changed his mind.
We look forward to resolving this issue soon, and we appreciate all of the support that we have been receiving from the entire music community.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)