In a move that couldn’t seem like a more natural fit, The Roots frontman, ?uestlove, will teach a course at New York University next Spring called “Classic Albums”, alongside Universal Music Enterprises VP of A&R, Harry Weinger.
This came about after ?uestlove read a review of Public Enemy’s It Takes A Nation Of Millions To Hold Us Back -considered by many to be the greatest hip-hop record of all time – written by an uninformed NPR intern, who dismissed the record, instead opting for his “Drake MP3′s”. The class will explore what makes a “classic” album, examining the lyrics, production, marketing, and promotion of records like Led Zeppelin’s IV, Prince’s Dirty Mind, Michael Jackson’s Off The Wall, Beastie Boys’ Paul’s Boutique, and others.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)