1 November, 2012@2:23 am
Last month, Double A.B. & Dub Sonata released their Man Bites Dog Records debut, Media Shower, a critically acclaimed and well-received album that finds the New York City rapper and producer duo delivering an updated, 2012 take on the classic hip-hop that they grew up on, alongside a host of like-minded and talented artists, like Roc Marciano, Cannibal Ox, Evidence, Rhymefest, and more. Since release, A.B. & Sonata have continued to feed fans new singles and videos from the album, the latest of which, “Children Of The Night,” is being released today.
The video, directed by Nick Heller, places the NYC native up against an woman-beating drunk that roughed up A.B.’s girl during a weed sale. The video narrative follows along as Double A.B. lays out the story of the man’s life, complex rhyme schemes abounding (“The product of a fatherless crib/ His poppa left his momma for a bottle of gin/ Shit, he bottled it in”). And as the video, a short-and-sweet two-minute clip, closes, A.B., fangs emerging and rapping the lines “We some hooded up villains, looking to pillage and fight/ When the light disappears, we children of the night,” serves his nemesis a dose of unrelenting street justice.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)