In a city in depression, rife with corruption and crime, many people have found an outlet in music. Amidst a scene that has played a pivotal role in modern hip-hop and electronic music, Guilty Simpson and Apollo Brown emerge, together, as the next up to bat. Dice Game, the collaborative album from the two, is Detroit through-and-through: uncompromising, gritty and soulful.
Officially set to drop on November 13th, today Dice Game sees an early release digitally. To celebrate the occasion, Mello Music Group let off the buckshot track “Reputation.” The song has Apollo serving up a certified heater (with a sample record heads will recognize) while Guilty knocks it clean out the park. Ride through The D with the duo as they show you the city that popularized Cardi frames, Cadillacs and carjacking.
Those who study post-industrial cities have a dark joke—Detroit is what the rest of the country has to look forward to. If that means resilience like the people of The D and soulful, rugged artists like Apollo and Guilty, then the future’s not looking half bad. Dice Game is available on itunes, amazon, emusic, and more today and in physical form (vinyl and cd) on November 13th via Mello Music Group.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)