Mr. Dibbs writes:
I died last year. For 53 seconds. One short month after the quiet release of Deadworld. Foreshadowing’s a bitch. What I could not see at the time was being reborn into the world of the living through someone else’s full-circle leaving.
Holed up in the hospital for a few weeks, I was an inadvertent resident of an impromptu hip-hop retirement home. Battling leukemia on the floor above me was my longtime friend Marcus “Skandal da Ruckus Man” Mitchell. An epic MC and producer, of equally epic bodily proportions, Skandal’s heart was big, but his production skills and lyrical largesse were even bigger. I dragged my sometimes half-incoherent ass, IV and all, down the hallways and into the elevator to visit my homie. The nurses always thought I was lost. Fuck that.
I was FOUND…in the strong lifeline we’ve all come to know and love as Skandal. He was my pusher man…keep on pushin’, Dibbs, until you get to the other side of you.
Skandal lost his life in October this year. I have memories for days of him, but there will be no more new ones. I don’t get to have that again. I don’t get to have those phone conversations with him or watch stupid-ass movies or videos on YouTube and laugh about it. You don’t miss that shit, until that shit’s not there. I got lucky. I would trade my life for his any day. I wish I could be like that dude. He made me feel important enough for me to be reborn. I am doing it. I am doing it now.
And so I’m giving you Deadworld Reborn…because this man gave me back my fucking life.
And with that, I want to give his family back their lives…and a return to normalcy. All proceeds from this album are going directly to Skandal’s family and young daughter Chloe. Pay what you can…Skandal sure did.
This album is name your own price. Whether that be Nothing or a million dollars. Please pay what you can, all proceeds are going directly to Marcus “Skandal Da Ruckus Man” Mitchell’s family and 2 year old daughter, “Do it! Do it NOW!” – Skandal R.I.P,
All songs produced by Mr. Dibbs & Ryan Rockwell except:
-Pitch Black Noon (World Side) produced by Rob Viktum, Dibbs, & Ryan
-Knock Knock (World Side) produced by Dibbs, Ryan, & Jel
- Art/Design by Shalems
-Burn- feat. Joe Coleman & xbattlegroundx
-Till My Wings- feat. Grayskul
-DeadWorld- feat. Jason Michaels & Feist
-Born Bad- feat. Juliette Lewis
-Fire Blind- feat. Mike Schank
-Stand- feat. Scott Voegel of Terror
-Diagnosis- feat. Ramallah
-The Mountain feat. Charlie
-I Know- feat. Playdough & The Black Keys
-Pitch Black Noon- feat. Brother Ali & Rob Viktum
-Get It- feat. Barfly
-The Mothafucka You Love To Hate- feat. Murs & xChrisAwesomex
-Nohio 2 Noyork- feat. Dezmatic
-Knock Knock- feat. Dose One & Jel
Good Knight- feat. Coach Bobby Knight
Where Pigs Fly- feat. Skandal Da Ruckus Man
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)