5 December, 2012@6:21 am
MTV today announced the release of its first-ever interactive e-book, “The World According to Pretty Toney,” where legendary hip hop artist Ghostface Killah settles into one of his most popular characters to offer hilariously unique perspectives on life. Fusing together audio commentary, fantastic photography starring “MTV2’s Guy Code” cast member and comedian Donnell Rawlings, and short-form video that previously aired on MTV2, the e-book allows readers to navigate through Pretty Toney’s best advice on everything from sex and gambling to family, education and even how to eat on just $5 a day – better known as “The Hustler’s Diet.”
Fans can download the e-book beginning today (MSRP $9.99) via iTunes, Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
“There is no better player in the game then P-Tone himself to mark MTV’s first foray into the interactive e-book business with his hysterical take on life’s most universal laws,” said Tina Exarhos, Executive Vice President of Marketing for MTV. “We look forward to developing more compelling and enhanced storytelling experiences that build on our marketing strategy to grow MTV’s audience base across multiple platforms and devices.”
MTV is currently working on a second interactive e-book release tied to the season three premiere of MTV2’s break-out and hit series “Guy Code” in January 2013.
“The World According to Pretty Toney” was born as a series of short-form content that originally premiered on MTV2 where Pretty Toney and his musings quickly became a hit and went viral online. In 2007, MTV released a coffee table book of the same title that also included an accompanying audio CD.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)