Trinidad James, arguably the hottest commodity in hip-hop right now, has signed an exclusive recording contract with Def Jam Recordings, it was announced today by Joie Manda, President of Def Jam. The signing – which includes a joint venture with Gold Gang Records – comes on the heels of the huge buzz generated by the Atlanta-based rapper and an ensuing, intense bidding war.
“We’re excited to welcome a young talent like Trinidad James to the Def Jam family,” said Joie Manda. “Def Jam prides itself as both a cornerstone of hip-hop’s rich tradition, and as a vital, forward-thinking label dedicated to breaking and nurturing emerging artists. Trinidad James represents the cutting-edge of what’s happening in the culture today. We are thrilled to have him at the label, and look forward to growing his already massive buzz.”
The “All Gold Everything” rapper has been in high demand since dropping his Don’t Be S.A.F.E mixtape (available now on iTunes.) Not only receiving recognition from fans and critics alike for his “New Atlanta” sound, many have taken to James’ unique trendsetting style.
At just 25 years old, James has formed an impressive following with his Gold Gang movement, catching the attention of music heavyweights such as Andre 3000, Diddy, Rihanna, Rick Ross and ultimately, Def Jam Recordings.
“Def Jam, thank you for believing,” said James.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)