24 January, 2013@6:55 am
Brood Baby presents “Lesson of the Day” a new web series featuring hip-hop history lessons and personal rap stories from legendary hip-hop artist & journalist, R.A. the Rugged Man. The first episode dissects Big Daddy Kane’s unsung and under-appreciated third album, Taste of Chocolate [1990 / Warner Bros]. The album, unlike Kane’s first two classic releases, failed to achieve RIAA Gold certification, and was seen as a major disappointment in the hip-hop community. Rugged Man breaks down the record, reflects on hip-hop in the year 1990, and discusses the ups and downs in the career of one of his greatest rap influences, Big Daddy Kane.
Agreed, Taste Of Chocolate was a dope album. Prince Of Darkness was the bad one. Looks Like A Job For… even had it’s moments.
Leave a Reply
- Joey Bada$$ – “B4.DA.$$” Trailer & Release Date
- E-40 – “Sharp On All 4 Corners” Parts 1 & 2 (Album Cover Art + Tracklist)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9 + DJ Premier) – “Raiders of the Lost Art (Documentary)” (Part One)
- J. Cole – “2014 Forest Hills Drive” Album Cover Revealed
- Maino – “KOB2″ Deluxe Cover Artwork & Tracklisting
- Juvenile Signs With Cash Money Records
- Odd Couple – “Everything” (feat. Lil Durk & Alex Wiley)
- GrandeMarshall – “The Formula”
- Ghostface Killah – “Double Cross” (feat. AZ)
- KXNG CROOKED (aka Crooked I) – “Freestylin Under Oath”
- Boldy James – “50 Foot Razor Blade” (feat. Peechie Green; Prod. Harry Fraud)
- The Neighbourhood – “#icanteven” (feat. French Montana)