24 January, 2013@6:55 am
Brood Baby presents “Lesson of the Day” a new web series featuring hip-hop history lessons and personal rap stories from legendary hip-hop artist & journalist, R.A. the Rugged Man. The first episode dissects Big Daddy Kane’s unsung and under-appreciated third album, Taste of Chocolate [1990 / Warner Bros]. The album, unlike Kane’s first two classic releases, failed to achieve RIAA Gold certification, and was seen as a major disappointment in the hip-hop community. Rugged Man breaks down the record, reflects on hip-hop in the year 1990, and discusses the ups and downs in the career of one of his greatest rap influences, Big Daddy Kane.
Agreed, Taste Of Chocolate was a dope album. Prince Of Darkness was the bad one. Looks Like A Job For… even had it’s moments.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)