us on Twitter for updates as they happen and sarcastic commentary.
us on Facebook for updates in your feed, special offers, and more.
if you're one of "those" people.
our mailing list. It's so wizard.

Update: Looks like this rumor we reported on back around Valentine’s Day turned out to be true, according to The Huffington Post. Malik Yusef has cleared things up a bit in a Tweet, saying the track is called “I Am A God”, referencing Psalm 82, which reads:

I said, “You are gods,
And all of you are children of the Most High.
But you shall die like men,
And fall like one of the princes.”

A source told the Huffington Post that the emphasis is on the word “A”, as “We would never be so presumptuous or sacrilegious to call ourselves the supreme being.”

There you have it, folks. We don’t like to post rumors here, but when we do, it’s because the source is airtight.

2/14: We’ve heard from a pretty reliable source that Kanye West will court controversy once again with the lead single to his next album, with a song called “I Am God”. We are hearing that he will reunite with “Power” video director Marco Brambilla for another ambitious, hyper-visual video project for the single. While this is still in the rumor stages, only time will tell if it comes true.

In other Kanye album news, HitFix confirms that both Malik Yusef and The-Dream have recorded tracks for the new LP.

“He is a perfectionist, obviously. It’s harsh… He says no to a hundred things,” Yusef told Hitfix. “I can’t talk too much about it. Just remember black music, the black experience. It’s a throwback to that era,” he said, but “a distillation of what’s happening in the modern world.”

Yusef also confirms that the album will not have a heavy amount of singing, as on 808′s & Heartbreak.

“I don’t know if we’d ever revisit that amount of singing,” Yusef said.

The-Dream spoke on his work for Kanye’s record as well, saying that he’s flying to Paris to record with Kanye in a couple of weeks.

“Hopefully we can get another Grammy together,” he told Hitfix.

Related Articles
25 Responses to "Update: Kanye’s New Album’s Single Is Called “I Am ‘A’ God”"
  • Dayz says:

    Well I gotta agree, as sad as this is, compared to 2Chainz, Trinidad James, Gucci Mane, etc… Kanye IS a God of Hip Hop!

  • ozi battla says:

    dayz dayz dayz you be in a daze with your comments, i respect your views but you and that other dude talking about he uses other producers is probley true, you would to if you made it and had the option to ran shit so to speak,asking and telling what you wont done not doing it its called being on top of the food chain or mirco mangement or be a boss shit conductors in symphony do the same shit, its still his ideas and mind in it. i like some of his stuff 80% the other 20% i give it a miss.

  • Dayz says:

    I get what you are saying and props to Kanye for his successes, I don’t dislike his music because he is successful, that’s jealousy and hate, with I feel neither towards him. I personally don’t like the sound of his voice, his flow and his style of production. I also think on the personal he is a total assh@le and I might not have an opinion on that subject but he puts himself in the spotlight to showcase his personality all the time so yeah I judge him because he puts himself out there to be judged. Most artist we really don’t know much about their personalities other than their onstage persona but he puts his public life and opinions out there. Yeah it must feel good to be at the top and I’d probably end up the same way, I can’t lie all that power and money would probably go to my head too. My question about the production though is if you got a team of producers is the big man really sitting there with them as they create the beats or do they just e-mail him with folders of beats to go through and then picks ones he likes and uses them and puts their name as the producer in the credits? That is how it’s been explained to me that cats like Dre and Kanye don’t really have the time for music that much since they are involved in some many other endeavors that they just pick beats from their stable and use them? Not saying that’s wrong per se, it’s just that as an artist I will always respect the true composer more than the big name producer stamped on it (ala Scott Storch, Focus, etc…)

  • Vijay says:

    RZA in an interview and stated that Kanye puts in a ridiculous amount of time and effort in to what he does. He gave a break down on how Kanye plans a day when working on an album. I got the impression Kanye oversees everything.

  • Tom says:

    Kanye has made some ill beats over his career. His rapping and lyrics aren’t that great and his messages usually are hypocritical. As a person, he is a giant piece of arrogant shit. That pretty much sums it up.

  • Leave a Reply

    Name (required)
    Mail (will not published) (required)
    Spam Protection by WP-SpamFree

      Mixtape D.L.
    • No items.
    Recently Commented On