Looks like Rick Ross’ corporate sponsors were none-too-happy with his controversial “rape lyrics”, as heard on Rocko’s “U.O.E.N.O.”: “Put molly all in her champagne/she ain’t even know it/I took her home and I enjoyed that/she ain’t even know it.”. The shoe brand has buckled to demands of women’s organizations such as UltraViolet, who have blasted the company for “supporting” Rick Ross.
“Reebok holds our partners to a high standard, and we expect them to live up to the values of our brand. Unfortunately, Rick Ross has failed to do so. While we do not believe that Rick Ross condones sexual assault, we are very disappointed he has yet to display an understanding of the seriousness of this issue or an appropriate level of remorse. At this time, it is in everyone’s best interest for Reebok to end its partnership with Mr. Ross,” Reebok said in a statement to Billboard.
Not for nothing, but rappers have been talking about rape for years – including all time greats like Notorious B.I.G. and Eminem. By no means do we condone rape or violence towards anyone, but why is this all of a sudden shocking to people?
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)