26 April, 2013@3:07 am
In part 2 of Hardknock TV’s interview, Face talks to Nick Huff Barili about the current state of Hip Hop saying that he loves Kendrick Lamar but that older white executives that are in control of Hip-Hop are not in touch with the streets and don’t care about the culture. Scarface goes on to say that he thinks its a conspiracy to make black people look stupid and brainwash a generation of hip hoppers with “this crud”. Scarface’s advice to upcoming artists is to uphold the integrity of the craft and not to let the executives dictate our culture. Scarface references how Chuck Berry and Robert Johnson helped found rock and roll and blues but how now both those genres are predominately white and have forgotten their black roots. He goes on to point out that its hard to name many all black rock bands making music today.
As the conversation topic changes, Face talks about recording and touring with Tupac who used to open for him. Scarface says Pac would have rode on a lot of people out now like Mitt Romney and that Pac was going to politicize his fan base before he was killed. Part 2 of this interview ends with Facemob sharing a story of the last time he spent time with Pac which was when they recorded the track Smile.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)