2 May, 2013@5:22 am
In a recent string of corporate companies lifting endorsement deals from rappers, PepsiCo has pulled the third in a series of Tyler The Creator directed ads for Mountain Dew, as the latest has been deemed “racist” and “violent against women” by the company.
“We understand how this video could be perceived by some as offensive, and we apologize to those who were offended,” a PepsiCo rep told AdWeek. “We have removed the video from all Mountain Dew channels and have been informed that Tyler is removing it from his channels.”
The ad in question features a battered woman staring a police line-up, made up of black men and a talking goat.
“I’m gonna tell them some stupid idea I come up with five minutes before the meeting and they’re gonna think it’s f—in’ retarded,” Tyler told Elliott Wilson during his #CRWN interview. “I’m so used to people saying, ‘That’s f—ing retarded and I’m looking at Clancy like, ‘Yo are they serious’ and they actually liked it.”
“Next thing I know I’m at the editing bay putting together the cuts for the commercial I shot with this f—in’ goat and it dawned on me like ‘Finally someone looked past the rape or the devil worshipping or the immaturity which is evident in the commercial. They actually gave me a chance and let me be seven years old with their product.”
Until they didn’t. We’re not sure if it’s actually racist or promotes violence against women, but we assume it is supposed to be funny.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)