Ever since the early 1990′s rap music collective Hieroglyphics have laid the groundwork for the evolution of hip-hop to become one of the most influential aspects of popular American and international culture. Thrust back into the spotlight with their recent single “Gun Fever,” a commentary on our culture’s ongoing obsession with guns and violence, they are now set to release a new album on July 16th entitled The Kitchen, featuring 17 tracks woven together by the cutting, mixing and beat chopping skills of Sacramento DJs/producer crew The Sleeprockers.
Scratches, grooving bass lines and brass samples abound on the predominantly up-tempo record that fluidly combines archival audio, new productions and DJ skills with Hieroglyphics’ compelling flows. Drawing its title from The Sleeprockers’ practice of setting up their production equipment in their kitchen, as well as referencing the creative process of assembling the album’s disparate ingredients into one cohesive record, The Kitchen promises to be an authentic presentation of Hieroglyphics’ signature lyrical prowess.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)