31 July, 2013@2:09 am
Bay Area icon, The Jacka, and Space Age Entertainment’s Dubble-OO team up for the release of their collaborative project, “Futuristic Mob” which promises to have the perfect mixture of The Jacka’s signature Mob sound that his fans have grown to love and Dubble-OO’s spaced out-futuristic style which speaks to the younger generation that just wants to have fun. The two blend the generational and musical styles perfectly.
Originally meeting on at a tour date in Seattle, WA four years ago, The Jacka and Dubble-OO immediately clicked and quickly made plans to work together once they were both back home in the Bay Area. Once in the same area, the two went full-tilt into the studio and began building an undeniable rapport in and outside of the studio – frequently running into each other on the road at shows and overseas international shows.
The duo released the track, “Wallet So Fat” which got significant spins on 106 KMEL in the Bay Area and Wild 107.5 in Portland, as well as other markets proving that the combination was something that listeners were looking for, and they decided to make a full project together. The album features E-40 on the 2nd single, “VIP” which was recorded in E-40’s home studio and produced by his son, Droop-E who provides a futuristic, party vibe for the 3 MC’s to shine over.
J.Stalin, lends an exciting lyrical hand on the 1st single “time standing still” featured early july on the popular blog 2dopeboyz . The music video for time standing still is “buzzing” gaining solid momentum online.
Lee Majors, another Bay Area heavyweight lent a significant hand in producing the album, ensuring that the project had a refined sound and added finishing touches to it. He is also featured on two tracks. Futuristic Mob delivers on it’s namesake, giving the listener an album that has party joints, introspective-soul searching tracks, as well as the Mob sound.
“Everyone is making music but it aint real, this full album has both; stuff for the fans of the real street hip-hop and for everyone wanting to have fun listening to music” says The Jacka.
Leave a Reply
- Prince Po And Oh No Join Forces For “Animal Serum” LP
- Mac Miller & Pharrell Reconnecting To Finish “Pink Slime” EP
- 2 Chainz and Pusha T Team For “2 Good To Be T.R.U.” Tour
- Fabolous Reveals “The Soul Tape 3″ Cover Art, Release Date
- Kanye’s Next Album May Be 8 Songs, Produced By Q-Tip & Rick Rubin
- Alchemist – “The Cutting Room Floor 3″ Tracklist Revealed
- Fat Trel – “Shhh (Remix)” (feat. Tracy T + Meek Mill + Rick Ross)
- Sean Price & M-Phazes – “Murdah Type Thinkin” (feat. Roc Marciano & DJ Devastate)
- Mic Terror – “15 Minutes”
- TeeFlii – “That’s How We Livin” (feat. Snoop Dogg & Warren G)
- Saigon – “Best Mistake” (feat. G Martin)
- Travis Barker & Scoop DeVille – “Cuz Im Famous” (feat. Paul Wall, Hopsin & Yelawolf)
- Talib Kweli - "The Wormhole" (Video)
Commented on by khordkutta
- Cory Mo – "Hold Up" (feat. Big K.R.I.T. & Talib Kweli) (Video)
Commented on by yungplex
- Strong Arm Steady & Oh No - "No Sky Limit (Smoke On Remix)" (feat. Dom Kennedy)
Commented on by dr dre beats 80 off
- Masta Ace Reveals He Has Been Living With Multiple Sclerosis For a Decade
Commented on by yungplex
- Alchemist - "The Cutting Room Floor 3" Tracklist Revealed
Commented on by Thoroughbread
- Jay Z - "Tom Ford (Remix)" (feat. Pimp C) + Jay Ranks His Albums
Commented on by Chad