From the album Yessir Whatever, produced by Madlib.
We set out to film the video for “Catchin’ the Vibe” in Quasimoto’s home town Lost Gates CA, but were denied filming permits. We were also denied permits for filming in Los Angeles County, possibly due to embarrassment caused in the wake of Quasimoto’s “official letter of recognition” from the Los Angeles mayor and city council, who did not realize that Quasimoto was a semi-fictional cartoon character, weed-smoking promoter of chaos, obsessed with fat ass.
Our directors Tuomas Vauhkonen & Jeremias Nieminen instead chose to film primarily in Finland and Romania, using local actors. Madlib appears under costume in a quick cameo. Be sure not to miss the last part of the video that takes place after the song is over.
Directed by Tuomas Vauhkonen & Jeremias Nieminen.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)