20 November, 2013@7:06 am
“For a long time, I’ve been wanting to put out this particular type of music. I’m not putting it into any particular category. I just want to do my thing. Just do me, be me and collaborate with whoever I want to collaborate with. That’s what Mingo Music is and I had to create the Flamingo Barnes persona to get that out of myself,” says Trademark Da Skydiver.
In the Summer of 2012, Trademark Da Skydiver, also known as “Trade” for short, did exactly that. He created the persona, Flamingo Barnes, to truly find his own independent voice as a recording artist and released his most popular project to date, Flamingo Barnes.
This is not the first time that Trademark has developed an alternate persona. In 2009 and 2010, Trademark released three extremely well received mixtapes under the guise, Super Villain. “Really, I have three bodies of work at this point; my work as Da Skydiver with Jet Life, Super Villain and most recently my work as Flamingo Barnes. I can truly say that Flamingo Barnes is me. It’s really who I am.”
Flamingo Barnes 2: Mingo Royale is the highly-anticipated album by Trademark Da Skydiver. The album was released via Trademark’s partnership with iHipHop Distribution. Listen to it in full below.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)