Earlier this year, Kanye West and Sway made headlines when Ye proclaimed that he gave the Sway his first TV. For the first time since the incident in March, the two hip hop heads talk in person.
Their interview began with Sway expressing his appreciation for Kanye’s Yeezus tour.
“My demo is the Yeezus tour.” Says Ye. “Pure creativity… The Yeezus tour is more of a film, or broadway or play idea, Watch the Throne is more of a Rap idea.”
Ye then began to discuss his production inspiration from greats like Diamond D & Showbiz.
From discussions of DONDA, to fashion, to the status of his Red Octobers, West passionately says…
“I am the #1 most impactful artist of our generation. I am Shakespeare in the flesh. Walt Disney. Nike. Google… Do you want to marginalize me until I am out my moment?”
Sway’s next question sparked excitement and passion from Kanye.
“Why don’t you empower yourself, and don’t need them, & do it yourself?” Asked Sway.
“You ain’t got the answers Sway!” Shouts Ye. “You ain’t spent 13 million dollars of your own money trying to empower yourself!”
After the quick heated conversation, they both brought their talk back to music. Why was Pusha T & Big Sean not on the tour? Why did he mention that Nicki Minaj had the best verse on Monster?
Watch below, plus enjoy the “first freestyle that had absoutely no rhymes.”
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)