16 January, 2014@9:06 am
In addition to his recently announced shoe for Clarks Originals, DOOM will follow-up with two more pieces of official merchandise. First up, is the double cassette, deluxe edition reissue of his classic debut album, Operation: Doomsday. The official description is as follows:
MF DOOM’s OPERATION DOOMSDAY, independently produced and released, stripped down hip-hop in all it’s glory, came out on Bobbito’s Fondle ‘Em label in 1999, cementing the MC’s return to the scene after his early years in the group KMD.
As the story and legend goes, he’d been chewed up and spit out of the major label system, lost his brother and musical partner Subroc, he’d disappeared, he’d returned to the stage with a rocking a mask and obscured identity.
In under two years, OPERATION DOOMSDAY was already reissued on another label with an altered track list. During the time we started working with DOOM on the Madvillain record, DOOMSDAY went out of print, got bootlegged, and somewhere along the way emerged as a hip-hop classic.
DOOM’s own imprint Metalface Records finally re-issued the definitive version of the remastered album in 2011 – a CD (in a lunch box) and metal-covered 4LP set was released.
Rappcats is proud to present Metalface’s cassette edition of OPERATION DOOMSDAY, a metal box set containing two cassettes – tape 1, the original album and original cover by Lord Scotch 79 (Blake “KEO” Lethem) on the first tape; tape 2, the instrumentals, b-sides and alternate versions, along with the 2011 album cover by Jason Jagel.
42 tracks total, weighing 2LB, limited to 1200 pieces. Exclusive shipping at Rappcats.com begins January 27. Worldwide release date is February 18. Official Metalface Records release.
Next up, DOOM is teaming with Nature Sounds to produce a limited edition ring, forged in the shape of his iconic Metal Face. Read on:
Hip-Hop’s masked super villain DOOM unexpectedly blessed us with some rare custom rings, and we’re making them available while supplies last. Made of polished stainless steel, with DOOM’s iconic mask design, engraved logo, and inset garnet stone. Made by DOOM himself and extremely limited.
Check out photos of both items below. Sold separately.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)