Chicago is having a moment. From Chance The Rapper’s unprecedented rise to Lil Bibby becoming one of rap’s most anticipated newbies, the scene in the Chi is bubbling. And the city’s elder statesmen are taking notice. VIBE sat down with Common at Los Angeles’ House of Blues in December and he shared why he feels Chance will be here for a long time.
“I like that he raps with flavor,” says Com. “He will have fun with songs and use his voice in different ways. Say something funny, say something clever. That embodies a lot of the classic elements of hip-hop.”
Watch above for Com’s words on Windy City rhymers Chance, Vic Mensa, Lil Herb and Lil Bibby.
“I think Chicago’s got something to say,” Common concludes.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)