26 March, 2014@7:25 pm
FORBES dropped a bombshell today, revealing that RZA has a double Wu-Tang album will be called The Wu: Once Upon A Time In Shaolin, and he plans to sell one copy of it for a “multi-million dollar” price tag. The album will be encased in the one-of-a-kind encasement, as seen in the photo below.
“We’re about to sell an album like nobody else sold it before,” RZA revealed to FORBES. “We’re about to put out a piece of art like nobody else has done in the history of [modern] music. We’re making a single-sale collector’s item. This is like somebody having the scepter of an Egyptian king.”
The album is produced mainly by Cilvaringz and will be first taken on “tour” to different galleries and museums, where fans will be able to listen to it in its entirety for a pricetag of around $30 to $50. It will then be sold to the highest bidder, whom will retain the rights to the album, and freedom to do with it what they please (such as release it via conventional channels).
“The idea that music is art has been something we advocated for years,” said RZA. “And yet its doesn’t receive the same treatment as art in the sense of the value of what it is, especially nowadays when it’s been devalued and diminished to almost the point that it has to be given away for free.”
The project is separate from the group’s 20th anniversary LP, A Better Tomorrow, which is slated for a summer release.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)