From VLADTV: “Lord Jamar sat down with VladTV once again and shared his take on Iggy Azalea’s success, saying the industry is pushing Iggy, much more than they push the typical new artist, because she’s pretty and white.
Jamar insists Iggy is being positioned to replace Nicki Minaj in Hip-Hop largely due to white privilege, but questions her authenticity as a rapper because she’s from Australia yet raps with a Southern American accent, saying she’s almost a caricature of a black MC.
Another femcee, Snow tha Product, was brought up in conversation, and Jamar says he knew three years ago that Iggy would be the one between the two to blow up first. When told that Snow is actually a good lyricist, Lord Jamar says he’s not surprised she hasn’t made it further because the game isn’t about skill anymore, but popularity and presentation.”
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)