DJ Shadow writes: “I’m pleased to announce The Liquid Amber EP. This single/EP serves as the opening salvo in what I hope is a long string of music, by myself and others, on my new imprint: The Liquid Amber. There’s two new songs, “Ghost Town” and “Mob,” and a nifty remix of “Six Days” by Machinedrum.
“Ghost Town” is an ambitious ride through many of the micro-genres within the Future Bass umbrella that have inspired me recently, while “Mob” is an intentionally stripped-down, Cali-certified head-nodder. Both songs were written, programmed, and mixed by myself, and they represent the forward steps I feel I’ve taken as an engineer. The “Six Days” remix was something I asked Machinedrum to knock out as a tour weapon, and he crushed it (naturally), so I felt it deserved a proper release.
I’m excited about this music and the new imprint, and I really appreciate everyone’s time and consideration.” - DJ Shadow
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)