New music from DJ Jean Maron’s True School LP.
Here’s a joint off of Opportunity Knox Vol. 2 dropping this summer, featuring Cormega, Kool G Rap, Maffer Ragazino, Emilio Rojas, Eternia, Reef The Lost Cauze and more.
As Coalmine Records gets closer to the 2nd Quarter release of their long awaited compilation, Unearthed, the Brooklyn indie drops the project’s next single, “Naturally Born,” which features Q-Borough mic veterans Big Noyd, Large Professor and Kool G Rap. Produced by the legendary Queens-based beatsmith Ayatollah, the soundscape is rooted in a Golden Era motif [cont.]
B-Baller Ron Artest puts his rap shoes on, enlisting a random assortment of emcees for his “Represented” remix.
Australia’s top rank producer M-Phazes and legendary turntablist DJ Rhettmatic get set for the release of Phazed Out. Set for an early 2012 release, the project is a compilation of singles from Coalmine Record’s catalog, remixed by M-Phazes and blended by Rhettmatic. Phazed Out includes features from Saigon, Inspectah Deck, Bekay, Big Noyd, Phil The [cont.]
Reef the Lost Cauze vs Guns-N-Butter: Beat Session with J-$crilla from Inner Loop Records on Vimeo. Latest selection from Reef’s forthcoming Fight Music LP, finds him teaming with Rapper Noyd, who bangs out a Cypress Hill interpolation at the end of his verse. La-la-la-la-la-la-la-laaaaah. LISTEN: Reef The Lost Cauze – “What We Rep” (feat. Big [cont.]
It’s been about 17 years since Big Noyd first arrived on the scene. He gained notoriety on Mobb Deep’s 1995 album: The Infamous from both his memorable cameo in the “Shook One’s Part 2″ video and the classic line from “Give Up The Goods (Just Step)”. With his 8th (yes, 8th) album release; Queens Chronicle, [cont.]
Big Noyd, like some of his Queensbridge counterparts Littles, Infamous Mobb, and even Illa Ghee, is a rapper trying to crack into the upper echelon of QB - a starting lineup that currently consists of emcees like Nas, Prodigy, Cormega, Havoc, and even Alchemist to a certain recent extent. Breaking into hip-hop with his mid-90s [cont.]
While there is little argument that Mobb Deep is past its prime, there still remains a core fanbase built upon the classic Infamous Mobb Deep LP, which extended in both directions - backwards to Juvenile Hell and forwards all the way up to Infamous Allegiance. And while they aren’t as popular as they once were, [cont.]
HipHopSite: Do you mind briefly talking about the album, in terms of the producers you used, artist features, and what you want listeners to walk away with after hearing it? Big Noyd: 80% of the album was done by Alchemist and Havoc. The other 20% was by Noyd Inc. which are producers coming underneath my [cont.]
- Here’s A Better Look At The “Shady XV” Cover Artwork
- Joe Budden – “Some Love Lost” Cover Artwork + Tracklist Revealed
- Rick Ross Reveals “Hood Billionaire” Official Album Cover Artwork
- Killer Mike & El-P’s “Meow The Jewels” Is Happening
- DJ Premier + Royce Da 5’9 – “PRhyme” Cover Artwork & Tracklist Revealed
- Bobby Shmurda – “Shmurda She Wrote EP” Cover Artwork & Tracklist Revealed
- Lupe Fiasco – “Lilies” (feat. Sirah)
- The Weeknd – “King Of The Fall (Remix)” (feat. Ty Dolla $ign & Belly)
- Joe Budden – “Ordinary Love Shit Pt. 4 (Keep Running)”
- C-Money – “Keep Up” (feat. Too $hort)
- Freddie Gibbs & Madlib – “Knicks Remix” (feat. Action Bronson, Joey Bada$$, Ransom)
- Papa Roach – “Warriors” (feat. Royce da 5’9)
- DJ Quik - "The Midnight Life" - @@@1/2 (Review)
Commented on by Thomas
- Cuepoint: The Triumphs And Tragedies Of Larry Smith
Commented on by yungplex
- Diamond D - "The Diam Piece" - @@@1/2 (Review)
Commented on by Model Citizen
- Joe Budden – "Ordinary Love Shit Pt. 4 (Keep Running)"
Commented on by Model Citizen
- ILOVEMAKONNEN - "Tuesday" (feat. Drake) (Video)
Commented on by Dnpmonk25
- Cuepoint: The Making Of Ice Cube's "Amerikkka's Most Wanted"
Commented on by Willo