New video from Dice Raw’s stellar 2013 LP, Jimmy’s Back LP.
From Dice Raw’s album Jimmy’s Back – The New Jim Crow.
“Run” is from Dice Raw’s latest album, “Jimmy’s Back” which is out now via Rawlife/Soulspazm and available here.
From the Rawlife compilation: Dice Raw & the Family, coming soon. The single is on iTunes now.
On this episode of Mista Montana and Menace’s UK based show, Conspiracy Worldwide Radio, they speak with Forbes’ senior editor Zack O’ Malley Greenburg about the secret Wu-Tang album, as well as segments with The Roots, Dice Raw, Sage Francis, Murs, Dillon Cooper, M-Eighty, Vanderslice, and more. Five hours.
If you haven’t checked it yet, Dice Raw’s Jimmy’s Back is in stores now. The album has been uploaded to Soundcloud for full stream. Also, check out the documentary from April of last year down below.
One entry that did not make our Best Independent Albums of 2013 list, but should have, is Dice Raw’s Jimmy’s Back. Reason being, the album dropped in mid-December, and was in our review backlog, and we’re just getting to it now (Editor’s Note: expect a lot of leftover 2013 reviews this month). The legendary Roots [cont.]
Roots crew’s own Dice Raw Jenkins will *finally* drop his long-awaited Jimmy’s Back LP December 10th. Here’s one more from the set.
Philly MC/Writer/Producer Dice Raw from the Legendary Roots Crew keeps it mad introspective, especially on “Runaway”, a melodic tale about young girls caught up in the life. He sings, he raps, and he teaches on this one – letting the masses know that Black men aren’t the only ones trapped in the street life who [cont.]
Dice Raw gives us a look at his upcoming album, Jimmies Back, featuring interviews with the album’s collaborators, each who have been convicted and have served time.
In the latest pre-album visual, 5-time Grammy nominee Dice Raw introduces some of the artists featured on his forthcoming concept album entitled Jimmy’s Back (album release date pushed to August 19, 2013 to correspond with a special online debut). Features on the project include top names such as Jill Scott, along with professed-former felons such [cont.]
“Wake Up” is a single from Jimmy’s Back, Dice Raw’s mass incarceration concept album, due August 4th, inspired by NYT bestselling book The New Jim Crow. Produced by Khari Mateen.
A single from Dice Raw’s “Jimmy’s Back” mass incarceration album based on NYT bestseller “The New Jim Crow” by Michelle Alexander. Prod. Antman Wonder.
An album that we are really looking forward to (and are glad it was pushed back with this over-crowded June schedule), is Dice Raw’s Jimmy’s Back, which is based on the novel The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Color-Blindness by Michelle Alexander. Here’s a teaser for the album.
Produced by legendary Roots crew collaborator Khari Mateen. This comes from Dice’s upcoming concept album hitting June 19th, Jimmie’s Back, inspired by the New York Times bestselling book, The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Color Blindness by Michelle Alexander. Dice writes: “This song is called Over from jimmies back my new [cont.]
Third single from Dice Raw’s The Greatest Rapper Never: The Transformation. Rick Friedrich on the beat.
Last week, Dice Raw came up to Showoff Radio. Statik gave him the opportunity to rhyme, and Dice Raw obliged. Tune in to Showoff Radio each and every Thursday night from 8p till Midnight EST on Shade 45.
Undun‘s show-stealer releases this freestyle over Gotye’s “Game Of Thrones”. Just a year after my car accident I’ve put out more music than I have in my whole career. I will continue to release plenty more in the up-coming year including the next installments of ‘The Greatest Rapper Never’ trilogy ‘Transformation’ and ‘The Realization.’
- Eminem & Shady Records – “Shady XV” (Cover Art + Tracklist)
- Wu-Tang Clan – “A Better Tomorrow” Animated Cover Artwork Revealed
- Public Enemy’s “It Takes A Nation Of Millions…” Is Finally Getting A Proper 3 Disc Deluxe Edition
- Cuepoint: T.I. Insists “Paperwork” Will Be A Three Part LP
- Talib Kweli x 9th Wonder x Pharoahe Monch: Indie 500
- Here’s A Better Look At The “Shady XV” Cover Artwork
- J-Live – “I Am A Man (American Justice)”
- Nas – “The Season” (prod. J. Dilla)
- Termanology – “Can’t Take It Anymore” (feat. Chilla Jones, Cortez & DJ Doo Wop)
- Raekwon – “Zoom” / “Free”
- Sean C & LV – “Fire” (feat. Black Thought, STS & Peedi Crakk)
- Blended Babies – “Sayin Whatever” (feat. Asher Roth + Buddy)
- Cuepoint: Portishead's "Dummy" At 20
Commented on by Rizzo
- Bishop Lamont - "Hypnotize You" (feat. DJ Quik)
Commented on by Rich
- Salva – "Magic" (feat. Freddie Gibbs & Psyde) + "Peacemaker" Mixtape
Commented on by Rich
- Sean C & LV – "Fire" (feat. Black Thought, STS & Peedi Crakk)
Commented on by Rich
- Finding Your Roots: Nasir Jones
Commented on by yungplex
- Lil Wayne – "Gotti" (feat. The LOX)
Commented on by Hodges