Roots crew’s own Dice Raw Jenkins will *finally* drop his long-awaited Jimmy’s Back LP December 10th. Here’s one more from the set.
Philly MC/Writer/Producer Dice Raw from the Legendary Roots Crew keeps it mad introspective, especially on “Runaway”, a melodic tale about young girls caught up in the life. He sings, he raps, and he teaches on this one – letting the masses know that Black men aren’t the only ones trapped in the street life who [cont.]
Dice Raw gives us a look at his upcoming album, Jimmies Back, featuring interviews with the album’s collaborators, each who have been convicted and have served time.
In the latest pre-album visual, 5-time Grammy nominee Dice Raw introduces some of the artists featured on his forthcoming concept album entitled Jimmy’s Back (album release date pushed to August 19, 2013 to correspond with a special online debut). Features on the project include top names such as Jill Scott, along with professed-former felons such [cont.]
“Wake Up” is a single from Jimmy’s Back, Dice Raw’s mass incarceration concept album, due August 4th, inspired by NYT bestselling book The New Jim Crow. Produced by Khari Mateen.
A single from Dice Raw’s “Jimmy’s Back” mass incarceration album based on NYT bestseller “The New Jim Crow” by Michelle Alexander. Prod. Antman Wonder.
An album that we are really looking forward to (and are glad it was pushed back with this over-crowded June schedule), is Dice Raw’s Jimmy’s Back, which is based on the novel The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Color-Blindness by Michelle Alexander. Here’s a teaser for the album.
Produced by legendary Roots crew collaborator Khari Mateen. This comes from Dice’s upcoming concept album hitting June 19th, Jimmie’s Back, inspired by the New York Times bestselling book, The New Jim Crow: Mass Incarceration in the Age of Color Blindness by Michelle Alexander. Dice writes: “This song is called Over from jimmies back my new [cont.]
Third single from Dice Raw’s The Greatest Rapper Never: The Transformation. Rick Friedrich on the beat.
Last week, Dice Raw came up to Showoff Radio. Statik gave him the opportunity to rhyme, and Dice Raw obliged. Tune in to Showoff Radio each and every Thursday night from 8p till Midnight EST on Shade 45.
Undun‘s show-stealer releases this freestyle over Gotye’s “Game Of Thrones”. Just a year after my car accident I’ve put out more music than I have in my whole career. I will continue to release plenty more in the up-coming year including the next installments of ‘The Greatest Rapper Never’ trilogy ‘Transformation’ and ‘The Realization.’
Another one off undun, due December 6th. Download
We’re coming up on the one-year anniversary of this song. No matter, still one of the best tracks of 2010, as featured on DJ Pizzo’s Bloggin’ Outta Control mixtape (plug one, plug too). Christos Karabelas in the director’s seat.
A good year…. Incredibly dope cut from Dice Raw’s Greatest Rapper Never: Preservation 7-song EP, dropping June 7th on Itunes. Also includes the excellent “100″ and it’s remix. [Audio clip: view full post to listen] LISTEN: Dice Raw – “1995″ Dice Raw – “1995″
Black Thought and company absolutely murdered Big L’s beat on this Toca Tuesdays freestyle. We miss great moments in radio like this. #MMJB [Audio clip: view full post to listen] LISTEN: Money Making Jam Boys Freestyle On Toca Tuesdays. Money Making Jam Boys Freestyle On Toca Tuesdays
Long ago, MCA solicited a 12″ single for Black Thought called “Hardware”, produced by DJ Krush, suggesting that this was the first single from his “forthcoming” solo album Masterpiece Theatre. While the record was not a “hit” in a hit-defining industry, heads loved it and begged for the album’s release. Eventually we all came to [cont.]
Here it is, Black Thought, Dice Raw, and company’s long-awaited Money Making Jam Boys tape, presented by 10 Deep and mixed by Mick Boogie. Money Making Jam Boys – “The Prestige”
SNL’s multi-talented impressionist shows off his skills during the recording sessions for Black Thought’s Money Making Jam Boys mixtape, The Prestige, which will be available here for download later today.
- Prince Po And Oh No Join Forces For “Animal Serum” LP
- Mac Miller & Pharrell Reconnecting To Finish “Pink Slime” EP
- 2 Chainz and Pusha T Team For “2 Good To Be T.R.U.” Tour
- Fabolous Reveals “The Soul Tape 3″ Cover Art, Release Date
- Kanye’s Next Album May Be 8 Songs, Produced By Q-Tip & Rick Rubin
- Alchemist – “The Cutting Room Floor 3″ Tracklist Revealed
- Fat Trel – “Shhh (Remix)” (feat. Tracy T + Meek Mill + Rick Ross)
- Sean Price & M-Phazes – “Murdah Type Thinkin” (feat. Roc Marciano & DJ Devastate)
- Mic Terror – “15 Minutes”
- TeeFlii – “That’s How We Livin” (feat. Snoop Dogg & Warren G)
- Saigon – “Best Mistake” (feat. G Martin)
- Travis Barker & Scoop DeVille – “Cuz Im Famous” (feat. Paul Wall, Hopsin & Yelawolf)
- Talib Kweli - "The Wormhole" (Video)
Commented on by khordkutta
- Cory Mo – "Hold Up" (feat. Big K.R.I.T. & Talib Kweli) (Video)
Commented on by yungplex
- Strong Arm Steady & Oh No - "No Sky Limit (Smoke On Remix)" (feat. Dom Kennedy)
Commented on by dr dre beats 80 off
- Masta Ace Reveals He Has Been Living With Multiple Sclerosis For a Decade
Commented on by yungplex
- Alchemist - "The Cutting Room Floor 3" Tracklist Revealed
Commented on by Thoroughbread
- Jay Z - "Tom Ford (Remix)" (feat. Pimp C) + Jay Ranks His Albums
Commented on by Chad