With ESGN in the bag, Freddie Gibbs focuses on his next project, Piñata, which will be produced by Madlib. The LP will feature Joey Bada$$, Raekwon, Danny Brown, Ab-Soul, and more.
Riggins remembers Dilla in the above clip, and explains how it influenced his own style.
Karriem Riggins drops his tribute to Leroy “Sugarfoot” Bonner, frontman and founder of the legendary, Ohio Players, who recently passed away. Karriem states: “My idea was to chop a song that is so important to hip hop and also pay homage to 1 of the funkiest groups from one of the funkiest states. Ohio Players’ [cont.]
“Matador” from Karriem’s album Alone Together, featuring new verses by MCs: Krondon, Homeboy Sandman, Guilty Simpson and Jonwayne. Cuts by J Rocc.
From the album Alone Together available now on Stones Throw. Directed by Tuomas Vauhkonen and Jeremias Nieminen.
Check out the music video from Karriem Riggins’ Alone Together album, which is out now. The video is for the track “Summer Madness” (also incorporating a piece of “Matador”) and is directed by Donovan Glover and Gerard Victor.
“Here’s a guy at the intersection of the corner of jazz and hip hop.” Karriem Riggins is heralded, albeit quietly, as one of the most talented musicians connected to hip-hop culture. Of the qualities present in artists with this distinction is the ability to traverse genres while fusing influences into their own creations. Riggins embodies [cont.]
Karriem Riggins’ full length album Alone Together drops October 23rd, via Stones Throw. The vinyl and digital editions of Karriem’s Alone Together album are being released in two parts, “Alone” (released in August) and “Together.” The second half of Alone Together was released today for “Together” alongside a bonus Fan Club 45 “12s in 8″ [cont.]
Karriem Riggins is best known as a jazz drummer and hip-hop producer for artists like Common, Slum Village, Talib Kweli and The Roots, but he doesn’t categorize himself as anything but an artist. He advises younger musicians to do the same. “You don’t have to put yourself in a box…there’s so many different ways to [cont.]
First selection from Madlib’s Medicine Show #11: Low Budget Hi-Fi, courtesy of Stones Throw. After a brief pause in the Medicine Show series, Madlib returns with a 28-track, full-length hip-hop album of collaborations with AG, Guilty Simpson, MED, Oh No, Strong Arm Steady and others. Karriem Riggins pops in for a short Supreme Team session, [cont.]
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)