MC Lyte is back with her first Music video in years. Ball features Lil Mama and AV. Directed by Ron Yuan.
“MC Lyte’s new track, “Dear John” f/ Common & 10Beats, is the anthem for #EducateOURMen, which is the signature scholarship initiative of MC Lyte’s Hip Hop Sisters Foundation, which has presented two $100,000 university scholarships during the Soul Train Music Awards Red Carpet Pre-Show each year since the organization’s founding. This year, the foundation will [cont.]
The first release from Lyte’s upcoming LP, her first studio album in eleven years, which is slated to be released later this year. “Dear John” is a fresh track with a strong urban hip-hop vibe, that will also be featured in Lyte’s upcoming episode of “Being,” which will air on Saturday, September 13, 2014 on [cont.]
This clip is from a Tuesday in 2013…. and we’re happy about that.
It has been a few years since she released an official single, but MC Lyte is back with, “Cravin,” a new track that just screams Summertime! “Cravin” is produced by The Natives and will appear on Lyte’s forthcoming LP; which as of now is still untitled and will be released on LoudBox Entertainment/ Sunni Gyrl, [cont.]
West Coast femcee Medusa teams with MC Lyte for this new collaboration from the album Whrs The DJ Booth.
MC Lyte freaks Bob James’ “Nautilus” sample for this track from Mick Boogie’s upcoming Adidas mixtape, Brooklyn Originals.
From Gods’illa’s CPR (Clothes, Promotion, Rapping) mixtape release, hosted by Erykah Badu. You Don’t Have To Be A Star (Remix) ft. Maimouna Youssef, Bahamadia, Monie Love & MC Lyte by Gods’Illa
Positive K is doing stand up now, as seen in the video above. Plus, he just knocked out a 2011 remix of his classic hit, “I Gotta Man”, with MC Lyte. Sign in if you bought Skills Dat Pay Da Bills on cassette…. LISTEN: Positive K – “I Still Got A Man” (feat. MC Lyte) [cont.]
MC Lyte interviewed backstage at VH1 Divas, touching upon the recent beef between Nicki Minaj and Lil Kim. It’s nice to see Lyte repping it for female emcees at this point in the game.
Hip-Hop has always been a “boy’s club” where female emcees are seen as welcomed guests rather than active participants. But it was never this bad. It never got to the point where award shows had to literally discontinue its best female artist category because there was no one to give it to. There used to [cont.]
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)