“What You Waitin’ On?” chronicles the ups and downs faced by fictional emcee Tyrone White, frontman of the White Mandingos, who is played by none other than legendary rapper Murs. Tyrone’s story is rich and nuanced, and you can enjoy the whole of it on The Ghetto’s Tryna Kill Me (Fat Beats). Directed by Horus.
The mighty Murs has two projects out right now, The White Mandingos LP, The Ghetto Is Tryna Kill Me, as well as Curse Of The Merch Girl. “Warn A Brotha” chronicles the ups and downs faced by fictional emcee Tyrone White, frontman of the White Mandingos, who is played by none other than Murs himself.
“My First White Girl” from The White Mandingos’ (Murs, Darryl Jenifer of Bad Brains and Sacha Jenkins SHR) debut album, The Ghetto Is Tryna Kill Me in stores today. Directed by Chris Roe.
The White Mandingos are streaming their epic concept album debut The Ghetto Is Tryna Kill Me, before it’s June 11th release on Fat Beats. The album is a hugely ambitious concept record told from the perspective of Tyrone White, a rock band frontman from Harlem’s Polo Grounds housing project. Jenifer and Jenkins production style is [cont.]
Murs lets loose on his former label, Warner Bros. The Ghetto is Tryna Kill Me in stores June 11 on Fat Beats Records.
The White Mandingos write: “‘Mandingo Rally’ is a sonic rally organized by The White Mandingos (AKA Murs, Darryl Jenifer and Sacha Jenkins SHR). Inside of this rally, Cali rap killer Murs (AKA Tyrone White) drops Jewels for you to find. But once you find them, he snatches them right back. Because you have to earn [cont.]
“Black Girl Toof” is the manifestation of love and confusion. It is soul and rap and soul clap and booty clap. The White Mandingos are forever. Open your mouth and your heart. “The Ghetto Is Tryna Kill Me” in stores June 11th on Fat Beats Records.
White Mandingos are dropping a limited 7″ for RSD for album track “Mandingo Rally”; 3 minutes of Murs unloading grievances against current rap culture and the world at large over a raw, soulful Bad Brains sample (Darryl Jenifer is in Mandingos, appropriately).
Recorded at Converse Rubber Tracks Studios in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Bonus Track off The White Mandingos’ (Murs + Sasha Jenkins + Darryl Jenifer) The Ghetto Is Tryna Kill Me, due June 11 on Fatbeats Records.
The White Mandingos (Murs, Bad Brains’ Daryl Jenifer and Sacha Jenkins SHR) present “The Ghetto Is Tryna Kill Me”; LP of the same name drops June 11th on Fat Beats records and tapes. Directed by Jason Goldwatch.
The White Mandingos (Murs, Darryl Jenifer of Bad Brains & Sacha Jenkins SHR) present “The Ghetto Is Tryna Kill Me”, the first single and title track of their debut album, coming June 11th from Fat Beats Records.
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)