I’m still a little suspect on whether D12 will be able to hold their own on a full-length album, (titled Devil’s Night) but if it’s anything like “Shit On You”, they shouldn’t have a problem. I like this song for so many reasons, first and foremost because it’s raw Â– and the way they’re running it down the line, reminds me much of the early Wu-Tang stuff. It’s filled with lots of sick humor, and while Em does outshine them all, they pretty much all share his twisted ideals, with quotes like “Is Richard Pryor still alive? / If not I’m sicker than he was prior to him dyin’ / Born brainless, this steel ain’t stainless / your bloodstains are all over this steel, goddangit!” Even more fun is Eminem’s blatantly shameless misogynistic chorus that sung in a whisper with evil intent. And I’m finally starting to feel Bizarre, in a Kool Keith sort of way. He’s weird.
B-side, “I Remember (Dedication To Whitey Ford)”, Eminem’s attack on Everlast, isn’t exactly something that your going to mix in with too many other hip-hop songs, but due to it’s controversy, it may find it’s way onto pop / rock radio. Em basically kills Everlast using his “Whitey Ford Sings The Blues” style, and by the third verse breaks into rhyme form, really going for the jugular.
- Joey Bada$$ – “B4.DA.$$” Trailer & Release Date
- E-40 – “Sharp On All 4 Corners” Parts 1 & 2 (Album Cover Art + Tracklist)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9 + DJ Premier) – “Raiders of the Lost Art (Documentary)” (Part One)
- J. Cole – “2014 Forest Hills Drive” Album Cover Revealed
- Maino – “KOB2″ Deluxe Cover Artwork & Tracklisting
- Juvenile Signs With Cash Money Records
- Odd Couple – “Everything” (feat. Lil Durk & Alex Wiley)
- GrandeMarshall – “The Formula”
- Ghostface Killah – “Double Cross” (feat. AZ)
- KXNG CROOKED (aka Crooked I) – “Freestylin Under Oath”
- Boldy James – “50 Foot Razor Blade” (feat. Peechie Green; Prod. Harry Fraud)
- The Neighbourhood – “#icanteven” (feat. French Montana)