I’m still a little suspect on whether D12 will be able to hold their own on a full-length album, (titled Devil’s Night) but if it’s anything like “Shit On You”, they shouldn’t have a problem. I like this song for so many reasons, first and foremost because it’s raw Â– and the way they’re running it down the line, reminds me much of the early Wu-Tang stuff. It’s filled with lots of sick humor, and while Em does outshine them all, they pretty much all share his twisted ideals, with quotes like “Is Richard Pryor still alive? / If not I’m sicker than he was prior to him dyin’ / Born brainless, this steel ain’t stainless / your bloodstains are all over this steel, goddangit!” Even more fun is Eminem’s blatantly shameless misogynistic chorus that sung in a whisper with evil intent. And I’m finally starting to feel Bizarre, in a Kool Keith sort of way. He’s weird.
B-side, “I Remember (Dedication To Whitey Ford)”, Eminem’s attack on Everlast, isn’t exactly something that your going to mix in with too many other hip-hop songs, but due to it’s controversy, it may find it’s way onto pop / rock radio. Em basically kills Everlast using his “Whitey Ford Sings The Blues” style, and by the third verse breaks into rhyme form, really going for the jugular.
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)