The Supafriendz have been the pride of VA before coke dealing brothers, futuristic beats and girls with rapid weight loss. Skillz’ From Where??? introduced the world to the crew and Danja Mowf’s slept-on classic “Word Of Mowf” showed there was more than one super star in the squad. The bootleg remix of Aaliyah’s “Are You That Somebody” had people going wild to hear more, however it was their 804 Compilation that solidified their place as a force to be reckoned with. Going the independent route once again, under the Danja Zone imprint, they seem to be focused on more sales and success.
Returning like the poltergeist on “We’re Back”, the triple threat combo of Skillz, Lonnie B, and Danja spit fierce warnings and deadly promises over Danja’s haunting boom production. “Ask the young folk, old folk, you can ask your mom – who’s the best emcees? Lonnie, Danja and ‘Quan” seems like a bold statement, but they leave you with no doubts. The crew’s deep with skill, Lil Roc (Disorganized Union) and Boa’Con take on all challengers, letting them know they can “Fuck Around” if they want to. When Jamal’s beat hits, sounding like a mixture of something you could C-Walk and throw bows to, and with lines like “gun powder dog is all I need to get by, if you feel you Superman up in this bitch – then fly” you quickly realize these cats ain’t no joke. Jo Doja delivers his own personal anthem on “What’s My Name”, even producing the street bounce track. Youngster of the bunch, Shorty 8th Ave steps up with “Better Days”, an encouraging song so catchy you can quickly imagine this kid all over your radio and video countdowns. Never forgetting where they came from, Danja and Doja team up with Mumeet Daddy (Of Illyaas) and the harmonies of VA on “Thank You”. They take time out of their busy schedules to give shine what is the most important to them, their friends and families, over a track that could evoke tears and hugs from the hardest thug.
If diversity is the key, then the SupaFriendz are the lock smiths of the game. They take it from the streets to the clubs to the playgrounds and beyond, consistently hitting you upside the head with clever lyrics and beats that refuse to allow you to be still. The once “Unseen World” is now being saw and heard loud and clear.
- Here’s A Better Look At The “Shady XV” Cover Artwork
- Joe Budden – “Some Love Lost” Cover Artwork + Tracklist Revealed
- Rick Ross Reveals “Hood Billionaire” Official Album Cover Artwork
- Killer Mike & El-P’s “Meow The Jewels” Is Happening
- DJ Premier + Royce Da 5’9 – “PRhyme” Cover Artwork & Tracklist Revealed
- Bobby Shmurda – “Shmurda She Wrote EP” Cover Artwork & Tracklist Revealed
- Lupe Fiasco – “Lilies” (feat. Sirah)
- The Weeknd – “King Of The Fall (Remix)” (feat. Ty Dolla $ign & Belly)
- Joe Budden – “Ordinary Love Shit Pt. 4 (Keep Running)”
- C-Money – “Keep Up” (feat. Too $hort)
- Freddie Gibbs & Madlib – “Knicks Remix” (feat. Action Bronson, Joey Bada$$, Ransom)
- Papa Roach – “Warriors” (feat. Royce da 5’9)
- DJ Quik - "The Midnight Life" - @@@1/2 (Review)
Commented on by Thomas
- Cuepoint: The Triumphs And Tragedies Of Larry Smith
Commented on by yungplex
- Diamond D - "The Diam Piece" - @@@1/2 (Review)
Commented on by Model Citizen
- Joe Budden – "Ordinary Love Shit Pt. 4 (Keep Running)"
Commented on by Model Citizen
- ILOVEMAKONNEN - "Tuesday" (feat. Drake) (Video)
Commented on by Dnpmonk25
- Cuepoint: The Making Of Ice Cube's "Amerikkka's Most Wanted"
Commented on by Willo