13 January, 2010@9:04 pm
Fans of Bobby Creekwater won’t have to wait long to receive his first offering of the New Year. Back to Briefcase 2 is set to continue Creek’s steady stream of independent releases when it becomes available for download on Tuesday, February 8, 2009.
Hosted by Atlanta’s legendary DJ Greg Street, the new mixtape picks up where the original Back to Briefcase left off in 2007, finding Creek delivering some of his most poignant verses over some very familiar tracks. He explains he chose this collection of nearly all freestyles as the best vehicle for a much needed dialogue with his fans and his city. “I still have a lot to prove to my backyard,” he says. “This project is about showing the fans my latest arsenal and having fun at the same time.” With that mission in mind, Creek chose to forgo any guest appearances for this project. Even the two original tracks appearing on the project – “Shades on my Face” and “Business Man,” the popular single from last summer’s The Day It All Made $ense – were crafted by BGOV’s in-house production team, The Invisibles.
In addition to an aggressive online marketing campaign similar to the ones associated with Creek’s other recent releases, the BGOV team is also planning an equally aggressive campaign to bring Bobby Creekwater and Back to Briefcase 2 to markets across the Southeast through the Winter.
Back to Briefcase 2 is only the first of no less than three Bobby Creekwater releases planned in 2010, with two more projects already taking form. Creek and DJ Don Cannon have recruited an impressive list of guest performers, including CurrenSy, Mike Bigga, Stat Quo, J. Cole and newcomer Ci Hi Da Prince to join them on the highly anticipated third installment of the Anthem to the Streets series, due out before the summer. Creek is also spearheading The Death of John Hancock – a celebration of the strength of Atlanta’s emerging Independent Hip-Hop scene.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)