16 February, 2010@2:48 am
Concertgoers at last night’s MF Doom / Mos Def show at the Congress Theatre in Chicago were let down when the apparent MF Doom impersonator allegedly struck again. While only those who were backstage really knew who was behind the mask for sure, as you can see from the above video, the crowd decided for themselves by the end of the show. Vocals from Doom’s tracks were apparently lip-synced and drowned out by hype men, leading to further speculation that this was not the real Doom on stage.
Controversy struck Doom in year’s past for similar stunts, such as at last year’s Rock The Bells festival, and other performances in L.A. and Atlanta. While Doom has stated in the past that this was part of a marketing scheme for a “Doomposter” themed album, it seems like fans have had enough. If this is actually the case, the only way Doom can truly redeem himself is to murder the fake Doom on stage by strangling him with the mic cord. Yes, that is the only way.
In other news, Doom’s new “Gazillion Ear” remix project is out now on Lex Records, including new versions by Radiohead’s Thom Yorke, Dave Sitek, Dr. Who Dat? and Jneiro Jarell.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)