18 March, 2010@12:47 pm
Tim Westwood sounds the alarm on reports that 50 cent’s next LP, Black Magic, maybe “more dance” based, as we reported here yesterday. In a hilarious interview, Westwood is on the edge of his seat as 50 explains the creative process for his next record.
TW: “I need to put this to bed, and I didn’t really sleep well last night when I heard the news, but you are putting out some TECHNO tracks??!?” DON’T DO IT 50, STAY IN YOUR LANE!
50: Nah, I got a joint that I did that was like…. real uptempo.’
TW: Uptempo in a will.i.am happy Flo Rida…?
50: Nah, nah it’s a different type of vibe. It’s still 50 Cent on the record.
TW: Are you sure….There’s no, Dave Gutherie [David Guetta - editor] or whatever the dude’s called….No funny stuff?
50: Nah, nah..it’s official. You hear the record and you’ll feel completely different about what I’m sayin’. You know what I did, my Black Magic album….
50: …I’ve been listening to a lot of different kind of music. I just want to create something out of the box, something that ain’t the same style of music. I’m just using different style of music, like….I’ll write a rap song in the sequence of a different kind of record…
TW: Okay….I don’t quite follow what you’re saying, but I’m working with it…
50: Okay, R&B records may have 8 bar verses and bridges with the actual chorus…
50: And the traditional hip-hop record has three 16 bar verses.
50: To write it in a different format instead of writing it the way the traditonal rap record is written. Still hip-hop music, still 50 Cent content, just written in a different way.
Listen to the entire show online here.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)