29 April, 2010@7:51 pm
Havoc of Mobb Deep sits down with XXL to talk about his production and finally working with Eminem on his new album Recovery.
Earlier this morning on his Shade 45 Sirius Satelite radio station, Eminem revealed that Havoc landed a spot on his new album, Recovery. XXLMag.com quickly picked up the jack to speak to the Mobb Deep beatmaker—a self-described Shady fan—about how he got one of his beats on the disc.
According to the Queensbridge-native, he has been submitting music to Mr. Mathers for years. “I been trying to get placement on an Eminem project for the past two years with no success at doing it ’cause you know they pretty picky over there and rightfully so,” he said. “So I almost landed a placement on [Relapse] but for whatever reason it didn’t happen. I was never mad, but my philosophy was keep hitting them ’til something [stuck].”
The philosophy seemed to work perfectly. Em ended up picking a track that Hav produced alongside his new protégé, up-and-comer Magnedo7. The hip-hop composer, known for his dark, moody productions, describes the track as a flip of a 1960s pop song, which he failed to name.
Props to Jesse Gissen of XXL.
Leave a Reply
- Raekwon Sets A Release Date For “F.I.L.A.” Album
- BUSH: A Snoop Odyssey Produced By Pharrell Williams [Preview]
- Drake – “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late” Surprise Album on iTunes Now
- Action Bronson “Mr. Wonderful” Cover Art and Tracklist
- Juicy J “Blue Dream & Lean 2″ Mixtape Cover Art & Release Date Revealed
- MF Grimm “MF Love Songs” Cover Art + Tracklist
- Lord Hakim – “Brass Knucklez” (feat. Vast Aire & Phizz Ed)
- IAMSU! – “Hella Good” (feat. Tyga)
- DJ Kay Slay – “I Declare War” (feat. Styles P, Sheek Louch, Vado, Raekwon, & Rell)
- Maverick Sabre – “We Don’t Wanna Be” (feat. Joey Bada$$)
- Cannibal Ox – “Blade: Art of Ox” (feat. Artifacts & U-God; prod. Black Milk)
- Asher Roth – “Blow Your Head” (prod. Nottz)